1.1 Definition and presentation
Custom jewelry - from the French bijouterie - is identified as a sub-segment of the wider jewelry market, referring to the set of practices that lead to the marketing of accessories based on non-precious materials. Accessories that are part of the custom jewelry can be divided according to the type of product and among the most relevant:
The birth of costume jewelry can be traced back to the 1700s, thanks to the progressive loss of the limitation of jewelry to the wealthiest class and the consequent spread of non-precious jewelry among all social classes. However, the term was introduced into the common language only two centuries later, when in the second half of the twentieth century jewelry was used in the world of entertainment.
Globally, the custom jewelry market is experiencing an extremely prosperous period, driven more by a growing focus on fashion and its trends. The market is extremely competitive and has few barriers to entry, being essentially based on the production of jewelry that is not precious but aesthetically attractive. In Italy, the segment seems to be driven by the growing impact of social media on purchasing choices and the positive evolution of the online channel.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages