the costume jewellery market
1.1 Presentation and definition of the costume jewellery market
According to the dictionary Larousse a jewel is a "object of jewellery precious by material or by work"
The category of "costume jewellery" does not have a strict definition accepted by all. Nevertheless, in this study, "costume jewellery" will refer to original jewellery and fashion accessories which differ from jewellery made with metals (gold and silver), diamonds and precious stones.
The materials used to make costume jewellery are therefore extremely diverse (base metals, glass, plastic, synthetic stones, semi-precious stones, pearls, ivory, leather, terracotta...)
Similarly, the offer of jewellery is extremely heterogeneous, therefore with very different price levels . This is part of the reason why costume jewellery attracts a broad consumer base where all age groups are represented.
The fashion jewellery market is growing rapidly worldwide and represents several tens of billions of dollars in 2018. The French market is particularly dynamic and weighs about half a billion euros in 2018.
Purchased for oneself or to offer as a gift, the costume jewellery market also benefits from the growth of online sales - a distribution channel that posted the best growth figures in France in 2018.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months