the costume jewellery market
1.1 Presentation and definition of the costume jewellery market
According Larousse a piece of jewelry is "an object of precious adornment by matter or by work".
The "costume jewellery" caetgory remains open to several definitions; nevertheless, in this study, we will define costume jewellery as jewelry used as fashion accessories. This category is different to traditional jewellry, which is made with metals (gold and silver for example), diamonds and precious stones.
Materials used to make costume jewellery are extremely various and include, amongst others, base metals, glass, plastic, synthetic stones, semi-precious stones, pearls, ivory, leather, and terracotta.
Similarly, the supply of jewellery is extremely heterogeneous, with a wide product range at different price levels. Consequently, costume jewelry attracts a broad consumer base where all age groups are represented.
The costume jewellery market is growing rapidly in the world and was valued at several billions of dollars in 2018. The the French market is particularly dynamic and accounted for about half a billion euros in 2018.
Finally, the costume jewellery market also benefits from the growth of online sales as distribution channel; in France in 2018 this distribution channel grew the fastest.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months