The corrugated board market
1.1 Definition and general presentation of the market
It is in 1856 that corrugated paper was invented, by the British Healley and Allen, to make hats. In 1871, the first use of corrugated paper for packaging fragile objects was made in the United States, followed by the American Oliver Long, who combined corrugated paper with a cardboard board to reinforce it
In 1888, the first English corrugator was installed in France by an American company . The corrugated board industry has accompanied the advent of the consumer society.
Completely material recyclable corrugated cardboard has many advantages
If it is mainly used for product packaging of various economic sectors (agri-food, consumer goods, equipment, etc.), it suitable for many applications (packaging, promotion of shelves in supermarkets, interior furniture, etc.).
It also enjoys a certain positive image among French consumers
The French market represented several billion euros and more than two million tonnes produced in 2017. While paper and cardboard production was at half-mast, the production of the corrugated board segment showed relative growth in France in the same year.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months