the Consumer Painting Market
1.1 Definition and scope of study
The paint, varnish and coating market can be divided into different segments according to their different markets. We can thus distinguish: [FIPEC]
- The construction and architecture sector: building paintings, general public and decorative paintings
- The industrial sector: industrial paints, anti-corrosion paints, marine paintings, bodywork paints
- Varnishes and various coatings
The paint, varnish and coatings market is closely linked to the economic health of these different sectors and markets. In this way, activity levels in the building or decorative paint segments are closely linked to the real estate and construction sectors, while the economic performance of the automotive sector directly influences the demand for industrial paints.
The global paint market is growing, driven in particular by the dynamism of the Asian region. This growth can also be explained by the global increase in construction spending or the growth of the automotive sector. It is also necessary to include socio-economic factors such as the continued increase in the world's urban population, consumer spending on housing or, more generally, the rise in living standards.
The French market is growing slowly and should remain so for the coming years. In a highly competitive market, paint manufacturers are struggling to grow. The colour paints segment is declining, while white paints are progressing painfully. However, some markets, such as the paint market, are growing steadily. In recent years, for example, the number of transactions in old homes has increased.
Paint manufacturers regularly innovate in the composition of their paints, and offer new uses for the simple function of coating. For example, there are fire-resistant paints, chalk paints or insulating paints on the market. And, due to growing environmental awareness, market manufacturers must develop new products that are more environmentally friendly or free of volatile organic compounds such as lead, which was banned in 2004 in paint composition.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months