the chocolate market
1.1 Presentation and definition of the chocolate market in France
The chocolate market can be subdivided into several product categories according to the Panorama of food industries :
- The chocolate bars (black, milk, white, filled, etc.)
- The sweets chocolate (chocolate candies, bites, rocks, cobblestones, etc.).
- The bars chocolate
- The dough à spread
- The cocoa
The global chocolate industry should be growing for the coming years driven by the Asian and Indian market, while the the European market is slightly down.
In France, the market is made up of a few major international players and many SMEs, manufacturers organised in networks of shops as well as a multitude of small craftsmen.
The French market is growing slowly and, as in many other markets, has a low growth rate level of cyclical activity, which increases sharply during the holiday season (Easter, Christmas). Consumers are also increasingly sensitive to ecological and fair trade certifications
Source: Data compilation - Busnesscoot processing
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months