The Carpet Market
1.1 Definition and scope of study
The carpet market includes all the players in the production and distribution chain of this interior design product. Very often confused in the figures with the manufacture of carpets as a type of textile floor covering, the carpets are mainly for decorative use or comfort but it can also be found in cars for cleanliness reasons.
Although the overall prospects for the production and consumption of carpets and rugs are good, the French market is struggling to develop. On the one hand, the production and manufacture of carpets is the responsibility of a few players, who seek to diversify their activities. On the other hand, the share of French households' expenditure in their interior fittings products tends to decrease slightly.
Carpet dealers face fierce external competition from manufacturers of parquet and other plastic floor coverings (e. g. laminate floors). These products are generally cheaper and more durable than carpets, although the latter is still present on the high-end market especially with Oriental carpets, the most famous of this type.
Thus, in this French market at half-mast, most carpet manufacturers export a large part of their production and thus generate more than a third of their turnover abroad. The market is also held by large groups, often Belgian or national.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months