1.1. Presentation and market definition
In France, activities related to the consumption of bottled water can be grouped under the nomenclature "Table water industry".
The bottled water market refers to production and consumption of:
- spring water
- sparkling water
- water made mineral by treatment
Similarly to the global market, the french bottled water market is highly concentrated in the hands of historical leaders and such as Danone, Nestlé Waters and Neptune, otherwise known as Roxane (Cristaline brand, market leader). The distribution of bottled water is mainly organized in food supermarkets.
These actors have to face two major obstacles to their development: the ecological argument and the cost matter. Without recycling, bottled water has a significant impact on the environment because of its plastic container. Market players must therefore face increased competition from tap water consumption, which is more environmentally responsible and largely supported by ecological lobbies.
Bottled water has a image of quality and safety - communication axes chosen by these brands to promote their products and feed their marketing efforts.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 3 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The Bottle Water Market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages