1.1 Presentation and market definition
Biscuits are generally made of flour, eggs, sugar, and sometimes fat. The biscuit market in France includes both sweet and savoury biscuits. It differs from the confectionery or chocolate markets, but like the latter, it offers a real product diversity. It concerns in particular: dry biscuits, egg and wafer biscuits, chocolate pastry biscuits and assortments, and soft cakes and gingerbreads.
Sweet biscuits (egg, butter, etc.) are usually consumed at breakfast, at 4 p.m. or at mid-morning snack time.
Savoury biscuits (or appetizers' snacking, excluding chips), on the other hand, are mainly consumed in France at the time of the aperitif (around 7 p.m., before dinner).
France holds more than 100 biscuits factories on the territory (from VSEs to large groups), and the total annual consumption of biscuits and cakes is around 8 kg per person, close to the European Union average of 8.4 kg per person. Dry and snack biscuits accounted for about 40% of this total consumption in 2016.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The biscuit market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages