France is the world's 4 th global arms dealer in 2018 and the arms market in France can be broken down according to the geography of use of weapons (collective or "heavy" weapons used to target the enemy, its positions or its equipment):
Air armament which refers to all military aircraft developed to defend the country. There are two main categories of aircraft:
- Aircraft equipped with offensive weapons;
- Unarmed aircraft, equipped with defence weapons or radars;
Naval armament (or naval artillery), which refers to the equipment of an armed warship with large calibre projectiles such as shells, cannonballs, rockets or missiles;
- Land armament which refers to all the equipment provided to the French Army: various vehicles and combat devices (tanks and tanks, transport vehicles, etc.) as well as traditional armaments (mainly semi-automatic pistols, assault rifles, machine guns, mortar, grenade launchers, missiles and grenades).
These three arms markets are inherently different each other and yet are complementary during periods of conflict. These three types of weapons are generally supported by communications, IT and radar teams, which are based either remotely or locally.
The arms market therefore concerns the whole of the industrial sector working at the manufacture and distribution of weapons for military land, sea and air teams . The arms market had a turnover equivalent to more than half of the total defence market in France . This is therefore a particularly important segment of the defence market, which is also highly strategic for states. Armaments is therefore a very highly politicized market.
The market is driven by a handful of industry giants very important and influential such as Dassault , MBDA , Thales or Airbus (for air armament) and Naval Group (for naval armament). These market leaders are very often specialists in a field or technology and are often at the frontier of public influence left over from a market that was still entirely state-owned in the past. These are very highly internationalized players who contribute to the reputation of French technological competence.
The arms market is a market high-tech which requires skills that are difficult to relocate and continuous innovation strategies to increase its differentiation from foreign companies. The armaments markets are nowadays strongly impacted by the world policy and diplomatic in terms of incentives and global strategies. It is thus directly the State representatives who will negotiate the important contracts with the nations concerned. The issues are therefore a matter of decision geostrategic followed by the various governments.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The air armament market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The market for automatic cash registers - France
Interesting estimate of a fast-growing market mainly centered on mass retailing and specialized distribution, whose development is however slowed down by social problems linked to the disappearance of cashiers. Consumer behavior in front of these automatic checkouts and product typology well analyzed
Hello Malcolm, Thank you very much for this very positive review! We are delighted that you are enjoying our studies and we thank you for your trust in us.
The bodywork market - France
Publicado en 25/02/2021 by Lengele
Saves time on researching reliable statistics
Hello, Thank you for your feedback which helps us to improve the quality of our studies. We hope that you will put 5/5 to the next one ;)
The Glass Fiber Market - France
Publicado en 11/02/2021 by Marc-Henri Mignon - Insights & Synergies Conseils
An interesting price-quality ratio to enter a new market
Hello Marc-Henri, Thank you for your feedback which helps us to improve the quality of our studies. We hope you will give us a 5/5 for the next one ;)