Unlike the supplier, subcontracting consists of an exclusive contract and a close partnership between the principal and the subcontractor which commits the latter to carry out part of the sponsor's production.
Since it covers the design, manufacturing and production phases subcontracting therefore concerns a very specific link in the luxury sector and its market is a luxury segment a real heavyweight in the French economy. The branch is composed of craftsmen of excellence highly qualified people who work with leather and textiles, but also with crystal, porcelain and even gold, to make watches or tableware.
Subcontracting in the luxury sector in France is also characterised by the singularity of its players the principals can be summed up almost exclusively in three major French luxury companies, including subcontracting SMEs / VSEs are highly dependent. The market is complex due to the limited information disclosed by major groups and the phenomenon of cascading subcontracting (some subcontractors themselves outsource part of their activity) which multiplies the levels of subcontracting and the number of actors.
In an era of globalization and environmental issues, the transformations of the sector are considerable and the challenges they entail are increasing.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (Subcontracting Market in Luxury Goods - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages