1.1 Definition and scope of the market
Shopping centers identify group of retail stores or establishments present in a shopping gallery. With their first appearance in the United States at the beginning of the 20th century, shopping centers have rapidly developed throughout the rest of world. In Europe and in Belgium, the expansion of shopping centers, both in size and number, is now facing the advent of e-commerce, which is reducing margins and increasing vacancy rates.
Nevertheless, commercial market operators are progressively adapting to consumers' new purchasing habits. In Belgium, indeed, an increasingly young and male clientele was registered [Gondola.be] In a small country, the three largest shopping centers are located in Wijnegem, Louvain-la-Neuve and Brussels. [La libre]
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages