1.1 Definition and scope of the study
Meat substitutes or simulated meat products represent a food category of products whose taste or aesthetic characteristics mimic those of certain meats and that are generally intended to replace the use of animal meat for consumption.
Behind these names lies a multifaceted reality between substitutes of plant origin, synthetic substitutes derived from "bio-printing" processes or substitutes derived from various fungi or microalgae. With increasingly strong vegan and organic trends, the desire to know what is behind food one consumes and to reduce meat consumption, meat substitutes are more popular than ever. Especially since their promise to reduce the carbon and environmental footprint of traditional animal production chains has never been so strong. The increase in health problems including obesity and diabetes due to over-consumption of meat products also encourages consumers to switch to meat substitutes.
The sector is strongly marked by innovation and significant R&D investment. Example of this is Impossible Food, a popular Californian company that had to go through 7 years of research to launch its vegetable steak with the taste of animal meat steak. The diversification of raw materials used in the manufacture of meat products is now the emerging trend in the meat substitute market, which has so far been mainly based on soya and wheat.
Cleaner ingredients and high quality proteins are thus sought to satisfy an ever more demanding demand.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (Meat substitutes - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages