1.1 Definition and presentation
Board games have distinguished themselves through their ability to survive time and, even today, they are still at the heart of French leisure habits. Indeed, from the game of go to the Monopoly or the 1000 Km, board games have gained a special place in the leisure habits of French households. Like Dungeons and Dragons or Diplomacy, some games create and bring together entire communities and a myriad of derivative products.
But what is a board game?
Board games are difficult to define in absolute terms, and are generally characterized by:
- More or less complex game rules;
- A minimum of 2 participants;
- The need for one or more material supports (game board, counters, pen, dice, cards).
Despite the revolution it represents, the advent of digital technology didn't distressed the market for board games, which always find takers by representing approximately 14% of the toy market.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (Board games market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages