Company profile - Last update 07/03/2022
Name: Eau thermale Avène (Pierre Fabre)
Turnover: 2.2 billion EUR (2020)
The company first developed as a spa in the village of Avène before marketing natural products (including hair care) based on the dermatological virtues of Avène thermal water.
The company's products are now available in France and in about 100 countries.
The company is owned by the Pierre Fabre holding and makes 70% of its profits. In addition, 86% of French pharmacies work with Avene.
Management and Shareholders
- Traffic Estimates for the Avene Website
Estimated traffic for the Avene website
France - 2020-2021, visitors
- Main keywords on which Avene website is positioned
- Avene's main competitors
The level of competition is calculated based on the number of keywords of each competitor and the total number of keywords common to all competitors. If websites have a high number of common keywords, they can be considered competitors.
- Brand awareness
Estimation of Avene brand awareness online
Google searches with and without the brand
- Examples of online ads
Pruritus, itching? XeraCalm | Soothing, Anti-Itch Care
XeraCalm A.D. Itch Care. Anti-scratching, Soothing, Nourishing. Avène thermal spring water naturally soothing and anti-irritating, rich in natural active ingredients.
XeraCalm A.D | Itching - Infants, Children & Adults
XeraCalm A.D care against itching. Anti-scratching, soothing, nourishing. Avène thermal spring water naturally soothing and anti-irritating, rich in natural active ingredients.
Micellar Water Face - Cleanance | Avene Thermal Water
Discover the Micellar Water Avène Thermal Water for Oily Skins with Imperfections. Dermatological effectiveness. Without prescription. In Pharmacy.
april 30, 2021 - Pierre Fabre Group pays the price of a cyber attack - source(Le Journal d'ici)
- Pierre Fabre Group employs 10,000 people worldwide (4,000 in the Tarn and 2,600 in Occitania)
- 2020 turnover of 2.2 billion euros, 65% of which is international
- Victim of a cyber attack on its computer system on March 31, 2021
- Avene's industrial production activities were able to resume on April 16
may 9, 2018 - Avène, the golden goose of the Pierre Fabre group - source(Capital)
- Avène generates more than 70% of the group's revenues, with €200 million in sales in France and €800 million worldwide.
- Operating profitability of 50%
- Flagship products such as Cicalfate or Hydrance
- The Pierrre Fabre group spends nearly 140 million euros each year on R&D
- Masters of sterile, preservative-free and fragrance-free cosmetics
- Marketing is mainly done through professionals (Avene present in 86% of French pharmacies) rather than through television
- Pierre Fabre is number 2 in the world in dermo-cosmetics behind L'Oréal.
- Demand for quality to the detriment of costs, which hinders the progression of results
- Research in the drugs sector
- Test also on online customers, especially in South Korea
- Pierre Fabre claims to hold more than 33% of the hair care market