1.1 Definition and presentation
The "maroquinerie" market is a micro-category of the wider leather clothing market and refers to all leather accessories (e.g. bags, belts, wallets). The distinguishing mark of these fashion items is therefore the material: leather.
The use of leather has ancient origins, in prehistoric times clothing made from the skin of victims of hunting were worn. Undoubtedly in the absence of further processing, the material did not last over time, which is why techniques of drying and preservation of the material were gradually devised.
The small leather goods market in Italy continues to grow, but for years the positive evolution has not been stimulated by domestic demand, which is gradually decreasing, but by exports. Italy is one of the world leaders in the production and processing of leather, a sector that affects a considerable number of companies and employees and that consequently has a significant impact on the GDP of the country. The leather goods segment is expected to be gradually impacted by different purchasing habits (e.g. growing interest in sustainability, "environmentally friendly") and by the proliferation of distribution channels.
Um mehr zu erfahren, kaufen Sie die komplette Studie.
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Verfügbarkeit innerhalb von 5 Werktagen
1 Sektor analysiert
in 40 Seiten